Wednesday 7 January 2015

Book Review: Myth and Magic Queer Fairy Tales

I found the title very inviting and the cover somehow adds to it's intriguing mischievousness. I love fairy tales and myths. However as a lesbian I am very aware that we have no queer fairy tales or myths of our own. So you can imagine how happy I was when I received a reviewer’s copy.
16 short stories of famous fairy tales retold, twisted, shuffled and taken to alternate universes. Evil becomes seductively fair, telling a story of its own. The Good has also a story of its own to disclose, but it is not the candidness you might expect.
I found each story very carefully written, loaded not only with pleasing erotica (at least for me) but also with well placed, mind entertaining, humour, sarcasm and double sense.
I started reading the book just before I left for the family holidays, so my reading was little and far in between but when I could, I sneaked my kindle out and happily shifted universe.

Just one recommendation: Read at your own risk ;) 



No comments: