Tuesday 9 September 2014

Blackstone Book Review

I will start by saying that I did not read the first book of the series called Nightshade (I received my copy to review the book) so I am not able to compare the two books and probably certain subtleties in the plot I did not completely grasp in all their depth and significance. However it is perfectly readable as a stand alone.

I was fascinated and intrigued by the intensity of the words used to narrate what was happening, especially the love making part. It was like sipping a rich, intense, full bouquet red wine, that at times one just needs to stop, close one's eyes and remember to breath.

I particularly cherished how magick was depicted, not as force conjured and harnessed from the outside but as a power growing from the very visceral insides of the characters, with a will and strength of its own. Yet each character possessed a different kind of magick, one sort of, for lack of better words, earth, animal like and the other more air, intellectual, the combination of which I found delightful.

An opulent bountiful magickal read! Enjoy!



No comments: